In this episode of Revolution Fan Podcast, Tom, Jenn, Shelley and Rob talk about Revolution season 2, episode 19, $#!& Happens. We talk about Aaron’s Journal, Revolution Revealed, and talk about the next episode.
In this week’s discussion of the episode, we talk about:
- The episode title. We agree to call it “Stuff Happens.” We liked how this came from the bumper sticker on the vehicle Miles ran into with his cart.
- The nanites journey, experiencing music and wanting pizza. Jenn really likes Neil Gaiman’s American Gods that Nano-Priscilla was reading.
- This week’s Aaron’s Journal was interesting about Aaron being just 3,289 others. We talked about how the nanites contacted Miles compared to how they contacted Aaron a few months later.
- Rob talks about how the characters had internal struggles, and how a lot of this was like Hamlet.
- Miles was trying to do the right thing, talking to the Rangers and only killed them in self defense. Jenn thinks his stab would would have hit an intestine and caused sepsis.
- Nano-Ben said it was his family, but this came from Miles’s head, so if Miles really is Charlie’s Dad, he doesn’t know.
- We talk about Miles’s risky plan to burn the roof. It was amazing he was able to climb up and out.
- In this week’s Revolution Revealed, Billy Burke said Eric Kripke told him when they filmed the season opener that they he didn’t know what was in the shed. Could the Revolution writers not have planned that far in advance?
- Shelley talked about the Wondercon panel, and how the nanites and Patriots story lines are going to converge. Tom made a video version of last week’s episode when he talked about the five minute video.
- Jenn and Shelley agreed that Rachel and Monroe were fighting over Miles.
- Yes, Monroe and Rachel had sex in Philadelphia, but Jenn says in her situation as a prisoner, there is no way she can consent.
- On the Revolution Revealed, they showed clips of Monroe touching prisoner Rachel in Philadelphia and how Rachel looked skeeved.
- We talked a bit about the difference between Monroe and Miles and Miles’s conscious.
- Where did Charlie lead Neville too with the knife in the house? They must have been reasonably close the Willoughby.
- We really liked Charlie (Tracy Spiridakos) and Neville (Giancarlo Esposito)’s performances.
- Jenn thinks Neville knew how many rounds he had in his pistol, and he clicked it against Charlie’s head empty on purpose.
- What is Neville going to do next? Is there still any possibility the Patriots will let Julia go? We don’t think so.
The upcoming episode titles are:
- May 7 – “Tomorrowland”
- May 14 – “Memorial Day”
- May 21 – “Declaration of Independence”
We talked a little about what happens in next week’s episode. On the trailer, Miles is OK, he and Rachel kiss a lot, and a lot of birds fly over but it’s not the nanites. NBC.com talks about the Patriots attacking Willoughby with mustard gas.
We’d like your feedback. Call and leave a voicemail at:
- (234) 738-3265
- (234) REV-FAN5
or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To be included in our podcast we’ll generally need your feedback by Thursday afternoon.
If you use iTunes, search for Revolution Fan Podcast in the iTunes store (podcast directory), and give us a rating or review.
Follow us on Twitter @RevFanPodcast. Thanks for the interaction, favorites and re-tweets.
If you shop at Amazon.com, you can help us by starting your Amazon session by clicking on our affiliate link. You then shop normally and pay the normal amount for everything you buy. Amazon sends us a commission for the things that you buy.
You can play the podcast using the play button at the top of this post, or right-click on the “Download” link to save it to your computer.