In this episode of Revolution Fan Podcast, Tom, Jenn, Shelley and Rob talk about the Revolution season finale (episode 20), The Dark Tower. We update Questions & Answers and Kill Count and read and talk about your feedback.
In this week’s discussion of the episode, we talked about:
- The continuation of unusual temporary alliances, like Miles, Monroe and Nora at the start of the episode
- The Miles and Monroe showdowns, and Miles’ revelation that he and Monroe are still “brothers”
- The flashbacks to show that Monroe killing the bombers wife and children was the start of the differences between Miles and Monroe
- A little more about how the show will be Wednesdays at 8 PM next season
- and whether they would have to change the violence or language.
- Neville and his leadership this week. We still like the character but he showed again how brutal he is
- The Neville and Jason relationship and how Jason has been “betrayed” by his father again
- The Rachel and Grace scene and how it was all about Danny
- Rachel’s favoritism about Danny: The day he was born was the happiest day of her life
- How Rachel disregarded Charlie’s plea for help for Nora
- The Nora/Rachel scene where Nora said Miles loved Rachel and would always choose her. We took this back to the scene where Nora tried to break up with Miles the morning after they were last together
- How we felt about Dan and his Tower People getting killed
- Aaron writing the operating system that the Tower used
- The short ASCII code on Aaron’s screen that said “Light the W” (cut off the screen) right before Aaron restored power
- Randall and his actions, launching ICBMs, probably armed with nuclear weapons, at Philadelphia and Atlanta
- The President and his staff at the United States Colony in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
- Whether nuking those cities was part of the US Government’s plan
- Whether the bombs will successfully detonate, or will Aaron maybe shut off the power again so the bombs won’t harm them
- Our suspension of disbelief that the power plants, power grids, and wiring to houses were all in tact after 15 years of maintenance
- What the different factions will do at the start of next season. Is Neville still going to have his alliance with Georgia?
- How will Neville’s folks or Miles’s folks find out about the United States Colony and their return?
- We talked about who this President was. Was he the surviving President from 2012, or someone newly elected, or someone else?
We talked about this week’s Footnotes which was another Aaron’s Journal Entry called The End.
We also talked about our Questions and Answers from this week. We had a lot of answers this week and good new questions.
We reviewed the Kill Count for this week and the total for season 1.
We read email feedback from Keith, Natalie and Roger. Keith talked about Wool and how many people you would need to have enough genetic material to sustain. He also gave this link. Natalie had a couple of questions that we talked about. Roger brought up points about a variety of things from the episode. It reminded us to talk about Miles’s reaction to Nora’s death.
We talked about how we will probably record one new podcast episode, probably mid-August before Season 2 starts. We might try to give some Season 1 awards like best one-liner and best plea.
Shelley’s article about Philadelphia Wizard World is here.
We read an email feedback from Debbie Pyle who brought up new questions for our QA page. She brings up a great point that Ben significantly changed from one week before the blackout (when he thought it was unlikely to be a worldwide blackout) to right before the blackout (when he said it was going to turn off and never turn on).
We played a voicemail from Jeff from Massachusetts. We didn’t talk that much about what will happen next season with the United States Colony.
Follow us on Twitter: @RevFanPodcast. We will still tweet about any official NBC Revolution content like new web series like they put out during the 4-month hiatus.
If you shop at Amazon.com, you can help us by starting your Amazon session by clicking on our affiliate link. You then shop normally and pay the normal amount for everything you buy. Amazon sends us a commission for the things that you buy.
We’d still like your feedback over the summer. Call and leave a voicemail at:
- (234) 738-3265
- (234) REV-FAN5
or email email@example.com.
You can play the podcast using the play button at the top of this post, or right-click on the “Download” link to save it to your computer.