In this episode of Revolution Fan Podcast, Tom, Jenn, Shelley and Rob talk about Revolution season 1, episode 17, The Longest Day. We update Questions & Answers and Kill Count and talk about what is coming for the rest of the season.
We started by talking about NBC’s timeslot change for next season. Instead of Mondays at 10 PM Eastern, Revolution will air on Wednesdays at 8 PM Eastern. Is NBC trying to “kill” Revolution? How important is a strong lead-in like The Voice? Has Revolution hit its peak in the ratings? We talk a little about how the season will end, and will new viewers pick it up and catch up over the summer.
Revolution will be filming in Austin Texas for next season. They maybe ran out of locations in Wilmington, North Carolina.
Rob Kearney sent in a “preshow crackpot theory” email on Monday before Revolution aired. He speculated that the blue capsule could be used to heal Rachel’s leg. He really nailed it! Great job!
In this week’s discussion of The Longest Day, we talked about:
- How quickly the capsule healed Rachel
- Would the capsule would have saved the boy
- Rachel’s true feelings about her purpose for going to the Tower and how that differed from Aaron
- The old Mac computer parts that they were able to find, how easily the capsule fit in, and how Aaron typed just a couple of lines of code from the book to program it
- the tragedy of Monroe, and how quickly Monroe jumped to conclusions and had Jeremy killed
- We talked a little about what would happen to the Monroe Republic if Monroe died
- Who is the mole? Jenn speculates that it could be Jim Hudgens, and perhaps Monroe officers are holding Jim’s wife and using that to turn him
- It could also be a “redshirt,” although Rob throws out that it could be Georgia’s President Foster, or perhaps they tracked the pendant that Miles had after the nuclear bomb episode
- In next week’s episode, they show Miles in a helicopter. Randall and John Sanborn guest star, so maybe Sanborn gives Georgia an amplifier or something.
- We reviewed Grace and the elevator. We didn’t get anything on this cliffhanger.
- Miles and Nora, and how they really feel about each other.
- Neville and Jason and their scenes together
- Charlie and Jason, and how the flame is now lit
- All the gender role reverals we have: Charlie/Jason, Miles/Nora, Rachel/Aaron
- The Miles and Rachel flashbacks. Was anything missing, like scenes that were cut? Why did Rachel turn herself in, say how she had “interest” in turning the power on, and then later say she wasn’t going to help
- Tom reconstructed a blackout timeline:
– 5 years after the blackout, Miles and Monroe were fighting the Trenton Campaign. (The Monroe Militia did not yet control the whole Monroe territory.)
– 7 years after the blackout, Miles and Monroe were looking for Ben, but Rachel turns herself in
– 11 years after the blackout, Miles thinks Rachel is dead, Monroe is out of control and tries to kill him, and leaves the militia. Monroe asks Neville to find Bed
– 15 years after the blackout, Ben knew that Miles was in Chicago at the Grand Hotel
So, Miles found Ben between 11 and 15 years after the blackout, and Miles probably told Ben that Rachel died. Ben told the children “she died out there.”
This does mean, however, that Miles didn’t tell Monroe what Rachel said about being project lead and that she knew about the blackout
- Why this episode was called The Longest Day
The Footnotes this week is Aaron’s Journal Entry called The Woman I Thought I Knew.
We reviewed the Kill Count for this week. During firefights, they have been focusing on Miles’s kills and not Nora or Charlie’s.
There were also a lot of answers this week. They are updated on our Questions and Answers page.
We will try to update our YouTube page, and possibly even put a video up there.
We’d like your feedback. Call and leave a voicemail at:
- (234) 738-3265
- (234) REV-FAN5
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Twitter: @RevFanPodcast
You can play the podcast using the play button at the top of this post, or right-click on the “Download” link to save it to your computer.