In this episode of Revolution Fan Podcast, Tom, Jenn, Shelley and Rob talk about Revolution season 1, episode 12, Ghosts. Shelley gives her trip report from WonderCon in Anaheim, we update Questions & Answers and Kill Count.
Rob introduced himself regarding his interests in science fiction and fantasy.
Tom gave his theory about blinking capsule that Rachel took out of Danny as possibly being a “kill chip” that Randall can activate remotely to kill the people on their teams or their families. We reviewed the Danny medical history from episode 7 with Danny’s blood vessel problems and the surgery 1 year before the blackout in last week’s episode.
The NBC Footnote for this episode was another Aaron’s Journal Entry called “What Rachel Knows.” Aaron talks about how Rachel and Ben never said anything when the topic of the blackout came up in the cul-de-sac. This lead to an interesting discussion of trust building in communities, and how and when most of the people died in the first week, year, and 15 years after the blackout.
We then talked about the locations for this episode from the NBC Interactive Map. This led to a discussion of the very nice community they build in Culpepper, Virginia, and how we suspect the Georgia Republic may be even “nicer” than Culpepper.
In this week’s Revolution Revealed, they try to allow us to get into the heads of Charlie, Randall, Miles, and Rachel with what they are going through now. We broke into a discussion of how many acids Rachel had to mix together to destroy a USB flash drive. We then speculated briefly about the science fiction of using a flash drive in a pendant. That lead to how we will learn how a team of physicists OKed what caused the blackout as plausible.
Shelley talked about her trip to WonderCon that she described in blog entries here in part one and part two. We talked about Miles’ past romantic relationships. We are going to meet his first love in an upcoming episode. There will also be flashbacks to 17-year-old Miles and Monroe, and how Monroe covets whatever Miles has. This lead to a discussion about pregnancy and infant mortality post-blackout, and even to birth control. We also had a discussion about whether the ratings were important to the writers, or do they just care about telling a good story.
Shelley got invited into the press room, and was able to interact with Billy Burke (Miles), Tracy Spiridakos (Charlie), Elizabeth Mitchell (Rachel), Daniella Alonso (Nora), David Lyons (Monroe), Tim Guinee (Ben), and David Rambo (co-executive producer and writer) at round tables with 4 other members of the press.
We had another about discussion about Elizabeth Mitchell and her character Rachel and where she really is. Is she on our side? But Randall seems to love manipulating people and would always take the opportunity to do it.
In our discussion of Ghosts, we covered:
- How we felt about Rachel destroying the pendants.
- The Nora/Miles relationship – how they held hands at the end. Are they fully together?
- One more discussion of the possible Miles / Rachel relationship
- Shelley said that at WonderCon, they talked about episodes 13, 20 and 22 being big in terms of large revelations. It seemed 20 was going to be the season finale airing on Memorial Day (May 27th), but Shelley said episode 22 will be the season finale.
- In Scientific Revolution, we talked again about the danger in mixing a bunch of compounds haphazardly.
- In Kill Count, Tom reviewed the number of kills from episodes 8. 9. 10 and this episode, with a total for all 12 episodes.
- We talked about Randall on the night of the blackout, and rushing the weapon when Ben and Rachel wanted additional months for testing.
- We talked about the questions that were answered this week from the Questions and Answers page. This led to a discussion about how the series of events you think will never happen eventually happen sometime.
- We talked once more about episode titles.
We like hearing from you. Call and leave a voicemail at:
- (234) 738-3265
- (234) REV-FAN5
or email email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter: @RevFanPodcast
If you shop at Amazon.com, you can help us by starting your Amazon session by clicking on our affiliate link. You then shop normally and pay the normal amount for everything you buy. Amazon sends us a commission for the things that you buy.
You can play the song using the play button at the top of the post, or right-click on the “Download” link to save it to your computer.