In this episode of Revolution Fan Podcast, Tom, Jenn, Shelley and Stephen talk about Revolution season 1, episode 8, Ties That Bind. We talk about an interesting Revolution hypothetical situation, and we read and talk about your feedback.
Tom gave an update on the Official NBC materials for this episode: the Interactive Map, Footnotes, and Revolution Revealed. The Footnotes revealed how old Miles and Nora are, and how the reward 25 pounds of gold for turning in Miles alive.
In our discussion of Ties That Bind, we covered:
- Our overall thoughts on the episode
- Aaron and his development
- Whether we trusted or was suspicious of Mia during the episode
- The internal militia politics / back stabbing with Neville and Colonel Faber and their sons
- Neville’s wife Julia, and her motivations, wanting to overthrow Monroe
- Star Wars and Lord of the Rings references
- Randall’s computer monitors, and the cool map of the US with the location of 7 active pendants
- Randall’s large room, and how it looks like a particle accelerator like Fermilab
- A little bit about the Miles / Nora relationship
- Mia’s actions and whether they make sense from her point of view
- the Miles / Strausser scene near the end of the episode
- how they were able to jump into the river and get across, when guns are pointing at them
Tom asked the group about what it would have been like if the blackout happened for only 5 minutes, instead of 15+ years. Many people would have died in hospitals and planes. If the power comes back, we’d be able to realize how widespread the effect was. However, the whole “system” would not shut down. They would try to investigate to figure out what caused it, and possibly punish those who was responsible.
Even after 7 days, things might return to normal. Shelley thinks 30 days is the amount of time before the system shuts down.
We went quickly through the questions on our QA page to see if any questions were answered in this episode, and what the new questions are.
We talked about the preview for next week’s episode featuring the music of Led Zeppelin. We are looking for some Monroe flashbacks. Tom thinks the Miles and Monroe reunion will be in episode 10, which would be a good spot for Miles and Monroe flashbacks. After finishing the recording, Tom came up with the possibility that if might be a Grace-centered episode with Grace flashbacks.
We read an email from Bill Bailey about The Children’s Crusade from last week.
We like hearing from you. Call and leave a voicemail at:
- (234) 738-3265
- (234) REV-FAN5
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are new to podcasts, check out our What Is A Podcast page. Please use the Subscribe links on the top right of the page to subscribe. Check out our Questions and Answers page and let us know what questions or answers we should include.
Follow us on Twitter: @RevFanPodcast
If you shop at Amazon.com, you can help us by starting your Amazon session by clicking on our affiliate link. You then shop normally and pay the normal amount for everything you buy. Amazon sends us a commission for the things that you buy.
You can play the song using the play button at the top of the post, or right-click on the “Download” link to save it to your computer.