In this episode of Revolution Fan Podcast, Tom, Jenn, Shelley and Stephen talk about Revolution season 1, episode 3, No Quarter. We also talked about Stephen’s blog post about the screen shots from Grace’s computer, and shared a couple of great links from the official NBC Revolution site and from an Revolution fan site. We also read and commented on the feedback we’ve received since our last episode.
We mentioned a couple of cool things from NBC’s official Revolution page. The first was an Interactive Map that NBC will update each episode with pins on the locations we see in each episode. It confirms that Rachel is in Philadelphia, and shows us that Ben’s cul-de-sac was in Sylvania, Wisconsin, and that Monroe’s camp was in Kimberton, Pennsylvania west of Valley Forge. The other was a series of vidoes called Revolution Revealed. Here is the episode 3 video.
In our discussion of No Quarter, we covered:
- Miles and Monroe, and the creation of the milita and Republic. In the flashbacks, Monroe is following Miles. Who is a leader and who is a follower?
- the Restaurant at the End of the Rebel Base
- the Stephen King references
- the way the base was run after they returned from their mission
- Jeremy and the captured rebel
- Jeremy’s flawed tactics at the restaurant
- our overall rating of the episode and comparing it to the previous two episodes
- Danny’s plot with his militia foe
- Charlie, Miles and the success of fighting against the milita
- Aaron and Maggie’s scenes at Grace’s house, with the power turning on and off automatically
- who, it seems, may not survive next week’s episode – we all think it will probably be Maggie
- the bridge rescue scene
- Nora’s back story in the scene with Charlie
- whether it was realistic for Miles and Monroe to wait eight weeks before deserting
- what the military would do in the case of an EMP or other prolonged blackout
- Aaron’s story about bullies
- the title, No Quarter and how it fits the episode
We read and discussed a tweet from Marni Case about the choice of “I Heard It Through the Grapevine.”
In the comments for episode 2, Kyle Pope shared a link from the Revolution TV Show fan site that shows a US map, laid out with the Monroe Republic and five other regions across the country. Someone who works at the hotel where they were filming apparently took a picture of it hanging on a wall. The Monroe Republic stretches from Wisconsin to Maine, and from Illinois to parts of Virginia. This image also shows the map as part of a larger set.
We read and talked about an email from Audrey from Texas. We then questioned whether Danny will join the militia; none of us thought there was a possibility.
We talked about Twitter feedback from ReallyNotChris. We read an email from Cooper at the Hugmented podcast.
We read Nasty Butler’s email. We finish with a Tweet from Trevor John about falling satellites. It reminds Tom about the date and time on Maggie’s iPhone when it powered on – September 17th, 6:23 PM, possibly the exact date and time of the blackout?
Please keep sending us feedback. We really appreciate it. Let us know your theories. Let us know what you like and don’t like about the show. Let us know how we are doing.
You can also leave a voicemail at:
- (234) 738-3265
- (234) REV-FAN5
For written feedback, please comment in the comment section below, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter: @RevFanPodcast
If you shop at Amazon.com, you can help us by starting your Amazon session by clicking on our affiliate link. You then shop normally and pay the normal amount for everything you buy. Amazon sends us a commission that can help us keep the lights on.
You can play the song using the play button at the top of the post, or right-click on the “Download” link to save it to your computer.